Bring the whole family to Silver Spring on March 28, 2015 from 11-4 and help make the first Montgomery County GreenFest a day to remember.
Join hundreds of your neighbors and local organizations to celebrate our amazing local environment and learn about the key role YOU play in keeping it healthy.
The Montgomery County GreenFest is a free event with something for everyone to enjoy.
When and Where:
Saturday, March 28th from 11am – 4pm at Montgomery College, Takoma Park/Silver Spring
7995 Georgia Ave Silver Spring, MD 20910. Activities will be focused in the Cultural Arts Center, Cafritz Foundation Arts Center and Jesup Blair Park!
Who is this Event For?
The Montgomery County GreenFest is for anyone who has a passion for, or would like to learn more about, their environment.
- Not very “green”? That’s okay! There will be films, games, speakers and information to hopefully inspire you and we’ll provide resources, tips and incentives to get you started.
- Are you a dedicated environmentalist? Are you in a race to be the greenest County resident? There is plenty for you too with guest lecturers and targeted sessions for those who want to go beyond the typical green actions.
- Got the kids? There will be a kids activity area, music, an electric vehicle car show and lots to see in Jesup Blair Park.
What Should I Look Forward To?:
- Screenings and panels from the Environmental Film Festival of the Nation’s Capital in the 500 seat performing arts center theater!
- Kids activities in the Performing Arts Center dance room and outside in Jesup Blair Park (Location weather dependent)
- Informational, fun “how-to” classes covering a range of green topics.
- Panels and lectures from local and national leaders
- More than 50 “green” businesses and nonprofits on display
- Music and entertainment and more….