About the Montgomery County Greenfest
A one-day festival focused on the people and environment of the County!
On April 30th, the Montgomery County GreenFest is taking over 2 blocks of Takoma Park with music, films, speakers, exhibitors and workshops all focused on building community and improving our environment. We hope you'll join us!
Enjoy your Saturday as a family:
- Join a nature photography walk with local artist Joanne Miller
- Relax to the sound of local musicians at the outdoor stage
- Bring the kids for arts and crafts, a book reading and the electric vehicle show
- Watch an environmental film
Learn something new:
- Explore the more than 80 exhibitors
- Get inspired! EPA Administrator Gina McCarthy will be a featured speaker. She will be joined by the County Executive and other local dignitaries
- Attend a workshop on backyard chickens, beekeeping, composting or lawn care.
- Check out our panel discussions on transportation, energy and the sharing economy
GreenFest has activities for all ages and everyone can be a part of making Montgomery County a greener community!
Montgomery County will provide sign language interpreters and other auxiliary aids or services upon request — with as much advance notice as possible, preferably at least three (3) business days before GreenFest. Contact Jessica Jones at 240-777-7753 (voice) or send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Taking these steps will help us have sufficient time to best meet your needs.