We build community through sustainability.
Inspiring and educating a wide range of community members, organizations, businesses, and local government to be the change that makes sustainability a standard in Silver Spring.
What We Do
Silver Spring Green brings together individuals, organizations, businesses, and government to improve Silver Spring's environment, economy, and community through a shared set of greener and more sustainable goals.
- Serve as a local environmental hub that brings together diverse partners.
- Disseminate information that promotes greener lifestyles and business operations.
- Foster interactions among Silver Spring's diverse communities to identify projects that encourage increased environmental stewardship and enhance social and economic opportunities across Silver Spring.
Silver Spring Green began in 2011 with the purpose of encouraging Silver Spring's transition to a next generation green community, one characterized by inclusion, innovation, collaboration, and mutually beneficial partnerships.
Since 2011, Silver Spring Green has worked with:
- Ascensus Law
- The Tower Companies
- Whole Foods
- United Therapeutics
- Discovery Communications
- Chesapeake Bay Roasting Company
- Elysian Energy
- A.I.R. Lawn Care
- Innovative Business Interiors
- The Cleaning Corps
- MDP Strategies
- Evergreen Productions
- Arrow Bookkeeping
- Silver Spring Citizen's Advisory Board
- St. Camillus Catholic Church
- Montgomery County Department of Environmental Protection
- Maryland National Capital Park and Planning Commission
- Silver Spring Regional Services Center
- Silver Spring Urban District Advisory Board
- Broad Acres Elementary School
- Montgomery Blair High School